DISCLAIMER: This blog post is abnormal. It will not help you save money, or learn to invest, or manage your time/life. It is simply for fun.... but hey, we need to have fun sometimes too right!?
So here I am, driving my car after picking it up from the shop.. and it dawned on me. I have been driving for nearly ten years. TEN. Coincidentally, I have also been dating for nearly ten years. (I am pretty sure the correlation between the two is similar for most people- making it not such a coincidence) But let's be honest, have I learned anything in a decade of dating and driving? (I am not so sure, but here is my attempt)
Lessons Learned in a Decade of Dating and Driving
(1) The name of the game is figuring out the warning signs - and as early as possible. The quicker you learn to realize potentially negative situations (whether its a reckless driver on the road or a boy in a "band" the better)
(2) Sometimes, it really actually IS better to take things slow. (like speed bumps...)
(3) If you are really angry or in a bad mood, you probably shouldn't date OR drive.
(4) There are going to be times when it really isn't your fault. (Why don't they make insurance for dating?)
(5) When it is your fault? It might just be better to admit it.
(6) Half the battle if finding the time & effort to do the maintenance. (Sometimes relationships need more maintenance than an oil change every 3 months.. but that's besides the point)
(7) It is important to know when it is worth trying to fix it, or when you just need to upgrade to a better version.
(8) Both are expensive. Better save up. (ahh, there is alittle finance hidden in this post)
(9) If there is a stop sign? you probably should stop
(10) There is going to be "Shit that happens". (Your A/C deciding to stop on a July afternoon) And yet? We keep driving and dating. The good must outweigh the "shit".
(11) Sometimes its fun to take the scenic route. It might be worth the chance. (Why don't they make a GPS for dating?)
I am 100% sure that I came up with over 15 in the car. If you have any more to add please tell me and I'll add them (and cite my source of course!)
Good luck dating and driving out there - its a rough road. (But does it get easier with time?!)